As my time writing for A-SHU sadly draws to a close, I thought I’d discuss my five favourite style icons with you, so that you can go on to be inspired by them too! Each star brings something different to the world of the celeb, and whether you love Blake Lively’s relaxed LA look, or Kim Kardashian’s polished prima donna look, everyone has favourites. So here’s mine:
1) Mollie King: A member of pop group, ‘The Saturdays’, Mollie King is every bit the typical girl band member, with striking blonde hair and a polished, girly look. With a preference for all things girly and floral, she’s a girl after my own heart, and is often seen carrying the most luscious designer handbags - I’m jealous. With legs to die for, the popstar is often seen in short skirts and shorts that make the most of those pins, and she knows how to work a blazer, often pairing it with shorts and a floaty top and, of course, sky high heeled shoes for a night out on the town! To steal Mollie’s style, look for designer-esque bags with pretty details – she’d snap up our Pre-Order Item – Mini Tan Handbag In The Style of Hermes Birkin With Long Shoulder Strap in a second, especially as it’s only £21.99.
2) Lana Del Rey: Pop’s newest sensation has become known for more than just her amazing voice, with her quirky style becoming popular all around the world. Lana’s style could be described as a contrast between fifties glamour, with her large hair and extravagant ball gowns, and trailer trash chic, with her baseball caps and jackets. A big fan of the icon t-shirt, Miss Del Rey knows how to put together eclectic blends of outfits to create an impact; and it’s this mixture of styles that makes her a true style icon. To release your inner glamour-puss, Lana style, check out our Black Embellished Suede Effect High Heel Peep Toe Platforms - Sale was £24.99, now only £18.
3) Emma Watson: No longer just Hermione from Harry Potter, the young actress has firmly cemented herself as a fashionista by modelling for Burberry. Since bravely cutting her hair into a fashion forward pixie crop, Watson has become a style chameleon, working everything from a full on man style suit (she’s braver than us – boyfriend jeans scare me!) to a casual vest top and shorts at a festival. And this teenage witch certainly enchants us with her evening attire, who could forget that black lace and feather dress?! Watson is willing to try anything once, and annoyingly, she looks good in everything! To enchant others with your fab style, make like Emma and rock our Black Round Toe Loafers in The Stlye of Gucci, a bargain for £14.99.
4) Katy Perry: it’s almost impossible to write an article on fashion icons without mention Ms. Perry at least once. With her multitude of hair colours, wacky stage costumes and exaggerated make up, anyone who’s a little quirky will worship Katy for her amazing style. Katy’s offstage fashion is equally as inspired as her onstage outfits, with Russell Brand’s ex choosing a uniform of skinny jeans and muted tops, combined with rock-star ankle boots for relaxed days, and pretty, floral dresses in cheerful colours for red carpet appearances. There’s never a dull fashion day when Katy is around – her hair brightens the way! To stand out like Katy, choose a statement bag like our Pre-Order Item – Light Pink Cut-Out Tote Handbag With Detachable Internal Bag, a style steal here for only £23.99.
5) Kate Middleton: And of course, who could leave our future queen out of the equation? Kate Middleton’s style first came into the public eye after her engagement announcement when she chose a stunning blue wrap-around dress, which sold out nationwide not long after the announcement. Since then, Kate has become something of a British style icon, going on to get it oh-so-right in simple shapes, basic colours and flattering skinny jeans when off duty. Combined with her winning smile and enviably shiny hair, Kate’s style has become envied by women all over the UK. And who could forget her ultimate style choice – that wedding dress! Lace, white and very pretty, her wedding dress is now the dream of little girls all over the world. To copy Kate’s style, look for items that are elegant, classy and simple, for example our Red Hermes Birkin Style Lightweight Holdall With Lock And Key, only £19.99.
Oh, what I wouldn’t give to steal their wardrobes! Or maybe just one bag… please?
By Meg Dixon - Fashion Writer for A-SHU.CO.UK.