The pre Spring/Summer 2015 collections are upon us so here’s a quick lowdown of the trends we’ll be seeing next year!
- Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Marni showcased bold floral designs. Mostly in primary colours but with un-conventional floral designs in more of a pop/retro design.
- Ordinary and everyday style is not necessarily a bad thing as see at Prada and JW Anderson whose catwalks displayed colours of navy blue, browns and caramel with a nod towards a Seventies colour palette. Items were very casual and unfitting.
- Seventies dress up was the theme from Lanvin, Chloe and Marc Jacobs with lashings of silk, a corsage, a chubby Chloé fur jacket and slouchy Marc Jacobs glitter boots. Awesome!
- Over-sized, effortless pieces were seen at Valentino, Adam Lippes and The Row. Simple style but oh-so sophisticated. Work wear fabrics and boyish shapes. Valentino also showcased fringing.
- Tie-dye has come a very long way since our plain old tie-dye t shirts. Take your pick with pieces such as trousers to evening gowns. Ombre print is also hot with designers such as Michael Kors, Bottega Veneta and Burberry showcasing their designs.
- Pretty, feminine pieces were seen all over Valentino, Chanel and Louis Vuitton. Romance in clothing to the max! Victorian style was seen at Valentino whist Chanel had original colours and shapes to create a pretty mix. Hipsters also have a place as seen at Louis Vuitton.
- Marni, Valentino and Alexander Lewis had cropped shift dresses to die for! Popping pastel colours, bold designs and abbreviated cuts make these dresses suited for day or evening wear. Sweet, sexy and neat; one of my favourite new trends to come!
By Molly Edwards – Fashion Writer for A-SHU.CO.UK.