Although we’re seeing some pretty great trends emerging this autumn, it’s important to keep in mind that everyone is built differently and not all trends may suit you. For this reason, I have returned to my favourite genre of blog to report this season’s fashion do's and don’ts, in the hope of helping some of you to avoid some important wardrobe blunders. I will organise this according to articles of clothing.
1. Cozy knits are a must of the colder seasons. Do wear these, while importantly remembering to pair them with similar colours, so as to avoid clashes. Don’t be shy! If you want to wear an oversize knit, go for it!
2. Do opt for a statement collar. Finding them in the stores these days is not an issue!
3. Do go against the tide and sport bold, vibrant colours. It’s time to take out those bright red high heels you’ve been saving for next spring.
4. Do wear burgundy. It’s the top seasonal shade.
5. Don’t wear it with other bright colours. Instead, the perfect colour to match it with is black.
6. Don’t be hasty to abandon the peplum trend.
7. Don’t wear pointy heel shoes with wide-legged jeans. Keep these for the skinny jeans.
8. Do indulge in a glamorous handbag.
9. Don’t be afraid to wear a head-to-toe pattern.
10. Do vary the textures in your outfit. No need to pair a velvet skirt with a velvet top.
I’ve limited myself to ten dos and don’ts. There are plenty more, but as I said before, the best tip I can give out to my readers is to just have fun. If you make a fashion faux pas, at least you know what not to wear next time!
By Aurelia Clavien - Fashion Writer for A-SHU.CO.UK.